|sparkling on 1/1/12|
There are a lot of things that I love about racing in a Team Sparkle skirt …
* I feel feminine, but I also feel like a complete badass. It is really the perfect combination. Completely girly + strong = AWESOME, if you ask me. I love rocking this skirt and have never run so fast as I did when wearing it.
|STRONG LIKE A GIRL|
* Passing someone, especially a man (no offense, guys) while running in a sparkly skirt is pretty much one of the best feelings ever. I will never forget the feeling I had when I sparkled passed my first roadkill (a man) at Hood to Coast. He didn’t know what hit him.
* I can wear my own bottoms with it, and I don’t feel the skirt at all. I am extremely picky about what I wear when I run, especially when I race. I LOVE this skirt because I can wear my own shorts (always the lululemon run: shorty shorts) under them and be confident that I won’t have any chafing. Plus, the material of the skirt is SO light that I don’t even notice it’s there.
* I am easy to spot. If I’m running at night, the sparkles are reflective. If I’m running during the day, they shine and glimmer in the sun so my family and friends can easily see me coming.
* There is a rainbow of colors to choose from. The toughest thing about this skirt is picking which color you want! I have two (a golden yellow and a royal blue) but I want to get one in every color (next up for me is PINK!). They go great with a black or white top or it’s also fun to make yourself completely colorful by wearing a brightly colored top with it. Also, if you are someone who likes to make running costumes (like for a Disney race) then this is pretty much an essential part of your outfit and you will be sure to find the color you need when shopping their assortment.
* I love the company. I cannot say this enough. The girls of Team Sparkle are strong, creative, intelligent and inspiring. Kelly, Carrie and Elyse are best friends and are all mothers who balance their passions and their dreams with their families and careers. These women shine as brightly as their skirts do and I am so truly proud to represent them when I wear my sparkle skirt.
I am SO excited to be hosting a giveaway of a Team Sparkle skirt here on my blog! If you have never tried one before – now is your chance to win your first one just like I did! And if you already have one and love it (which I’m sure you do) then here’s your chance to get one in another color!
There are four simple ways to enter, and here’s how: (please leave a separate comment here for EACH entry):
- Like Team Sparkle on Facebook (click here)
- Follow Team Sparkle on Twitter (click here) and tweet: I want to win the @runteamsparkle giveaway from @paceofme
- Follow Pace of Me on Twitter (click here)
- Like Pace of Me on Facebook (click here)
** The winner will receive one sparkle skirt in the size and color of their choice. Must be a US resident to enter. Contest ends on Thursday, 9/20 at midnight EST and the winner will be announced via blog post shortly thereafter. The winner has one week to claim their prize before a back up winner is chosen. **